Gabriel is proud to be a host site for this year’s Illinois Solar Tour on Saturday, October 4th. This free, self-guided tour will be held from 10:00am – 2:00pm.
Stop by our Chicago headquarters to view our 162 solar panels, geothermal systems, and rain barrel system, as well as learn about the economics of our solar energy system.
The Illinois Solar Tour gives you the opportunity to:
- Visit multiple renewable energy installations in your neighborhood
- See and learn about:
– solar electric (PV)
– solar thermal (hot water and space heating)
– small wind (horizontal and vertical)
– and passive solar design
- Speak with knowledgeable professionals and homeowners
- Meet like-minded neighbors
- Hear the owners’ stories about why they chose to install renewable energy, their experiences with it, and how this decision has enhanced their lives.
This is a self-guided tour, so you get to choose which homes and businesses (host sites) to visit, how many, and when, within the 10:00am – 2:00pm time span. Host sites have been chosen within each geographic region for their proximity to others and to facilitate the option of visiting all of them. Each host site tour will take anywhere from 15 – 45 minutes, depending on the size of the site and the number of renewable energy installations.
For more information on the Illinois Solar Tour, visit illinoissolartour.org/The_TourTags: Illinois Solar Tour, solar energy