Real-time water quality information by 2020. Continuous riverfront trails by 2030. Thriving ecosystems by 2040. And yes, swimming.
The first ever unified vision of the Chicago, Des Plaines and Calumet Rivers has recently been released in a publication entitled “Our Great Rivers.”
Learn more about this vision at a roundtable hosted by the Metropolitan Planning Council on Thursday, September 29th, 2016 from 12:00pm – 1:30pm at 140 S. Dearborn St, Suite 1400, Chicago.
- Josh Ellis, Director, Metropolitan Planning Council, and the project lead for Great Rivers Chicago
- Kim Wasserman Nieto, Executive Director, Little Village Environmental Justice Organization
- John Quail, Director of Watershed Planning, Friends of the Chicago River
- Arnold Randall (tentative), Superintendent, Forest Preserve of Cook County
- Commissioner David Reifman, City of Chicago Dept. of Planning and Development
Learn more and register online at www.metroplanning.org/events/roundtable/detail/378Tags: Chicago River