The first annual Midwest Environmental Compliance Conference (MECC) will be held October 29-30th at the Chicago Marriott O’Hare and will focus on EPA’s Region 5 (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, and 35 tribes).
MECC events are hosted by state business and manufacturing associations and supported by U.S. EPA and State Agencies. These Midwestern environmental conferences:
- Provide an insider perspective on key regional issues
- Offer valuable, up-to-date information on rapidly-changing areas of regulation and law
- Create a forum for valuable networking with regulators, clients and potential clients/customers
- Foster meaningful, professional conversation with federal, state and local regulators
- Deliver great speakers and thought leaders with unique insights, real experience, and a seasoned perspective
- Provide an environmental “boot camp” training opportunity for those relatively new to environmental compliance and permitting or new to a particular environmental medium
Chicago’s conference will include sessions featuring administrators from U.S. EPA and state environmental agencies, including Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA), Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM), and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR).
Some of the conference sessions will discuss:
- U.S. EPA Regional Priorities
- Emerging Water Issues
- Hot Topics in Remediation and Waste Materials Management
- Regional Air Issues Roundtable
- Compliance Auditing
More information, the conference schedule, and registration can be found at mecconference.com.