From the beginning, Gabriel has been at the forefront of best practices in environmental management.
We are vigilantly mindful of the impact of toxic chemicals and biochemicals on the environment and continually seek better ways to minimize them in the air, water and ground. Our commitment began long before the issue had reached today’s headlines.
Our commitment to sustainability is daily and ongoing.
Our priorities and accomplishments include:
- Recycling paper, plastic, metal, glass, batteries, electronics, and cell phones
- Creating a giant rain barrel system, with a 7,000-gallon tank and a 15,000- gallon tank
- Planting trees, plants, and flowers to help reduce our carbon footprint (we have won the City of Chicago landscape award eight times, including four First Place finishes)
- Installing 165 solar panels on our roof (used for both electricity and hot water)
- Installing two geothermal energy systems
- Using only renewable energy at our Chicago, IL and Sturtevant, WI offices
- Using CFL bulbs and giving them out free to employees and clients
- Giving employees and clients reusable bags for grocery shopping, etc. (we often deliver reports in these bags instead of envelopes)
- Using recycled or FSC-certified/sustainable paper
- Subsidizing new bikes to encourage our staff to ride to work
- Driving hybrid and electric vehicles as part of our fleet, including one of the first Nissan Leafs in Illinois
- Winning the 2014 and 2011 Governor’s Sustainability Award