Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD) has been mailing out its Facility Classification Questionnaire (FCQ) to potential new Users within its district. These FCQs are sent to facilities that MWRD believes may need to change its classification or need to be established as a new User.
User categories include:
- Small Nonresidential Commercial-Industrial User – no reporting requirements, except if changing classification
- Residential Users – no reporting requirements
- Local Government Users – no reporting requirements
- Tax-Exempt Users – required submission of RD-925 annually; some User Charge testing may also be required
- Large Commercial-Industrial Users – required submission of RD-925 annually; some User Charge testing may also be required
This FCQ requests the following information:
- General Facility Information (company name, address, tax ID number, dates of operation, number of employees, etc)
- Real Estate Property Tax ID Number (PIN) and taxes paid to MWRD
- Description of manufacturing, production or service activities, including what raw materials and additives are used
- Types and volume of liquid wastes or sludges
- Pretreatment devices or processes used
- Number of incoming water meters and total water consumption
- Number of outlets to sewer system and types of waste discharged
- Signature by corporate officer, partner, fiduciary, or other duly authorized agent of the User
MWRD requires a response to its FCQ within 30 days of it being received by the User.
This FCQ can be confusing for new or expanded facilities within MWRD’s governing area. Gabriel can help answer any questions you may have about the FCQ or the User Charge system, or Gabriel can complete the FCQ on your behalf.
Gabriel is well-versed with the User Charge Ordinance, including sampling and reporting requirements. We can help you navigate through this initial classification process, as well as any sampling or reporting requirements which may be required by MWRD after they process the FCQ.
Contact Antonio Tabacchi or Brigid McHale at 773-486-2123 or via email water[at]gabenv.com with any questions or for assistance with your FCQ today.